Sunday, October 2, 2011

New Home!

I decided to move closer to the Khon Kaen University Campus to be closer to my social community here. My previous living situation was on a lake in the city's center. I could hear monks chanting in the morning, and could escape the urban congestion by walking along the lake within its Chinese garden and temples. I'll be sad to say bye. The distance however, was too far way from most of my friends and left me by myself most days. The ability to sit and process my experiences with someone or to just be able to go out and have some silly fun has proved invaluable during this year. These two opportunities provide me with the ability to balance myself both mentally and spiritually and turn even the most challenging days into positive learning moments. I think of it as trading isolation for solitude. Those familiar with bell hooks will understand the comparison.

Now I just need to get my address to you all!

(left to right) Frig, tea station, small oven (for making cookies!), work station

Tea station


My urban mushroom farm


Bed!
View from front door


Apartment building

No comments:

Post a Comment